Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Who's Who in the Sound of Music: Sister Sophia, Margaretta, and Berthe

Arielle, Kim, Heather


Name: Arielle Book
Year in School: Sophomore
Major (and Minor): B.A. Music

What character are you playing?
Sister Sophia

What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music?
Singing lovely songs with my favorite people, and getting to wear a nun costume.

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?
I've had to work hardest to find what my character wants. Does she want Maria to become a Novice, or does she have an opinion at all?

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
My favorite song is definitely "Something Good". It's just so cute. My favorite scene is where Maria is confronting the Captain about not being involved in his children’s lives.
She goes through every child and just does it with such conviction and emotion.

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals?
This is my first Mansfield musical, but I have been in 2 shows in Wellsboro. This is actually only my third show ever!

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing?
If I’m not at musical, you can find me in Butler practicing piano or voice, or you can find me in my room doing homework. I live an exciting life, I know.

What are a few of your favorite things?
First kisses, laughter, and chocolate chip cookies.
Butterflies, fresh cut grass, TOMS, and my doggie.
Movies with people whom I love the most,
These are a few of my favorite things!

**************************************************************
Name: Kimberly Bemis
Year in School: junior
Major(and minor): Music Education, voice

What character are you playing?
Sister Margaretta

What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music?
I love having the opportunity to be in the cast. This is one of my favorite shows, and I just enjoy being able to live a childhood dream of being in this show(although when I was young I wanted to be Gretel)

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?
I never realized how big of a challenge it would be to act like a nun, and yet give my character a unique personality. I have definitely learned to expand my skills as an actress from this experience.

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
I would have to admit that my favorite song from the show is “Climb Every Mountain.”

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals?
This is my first time appearing in a Mansfield Musical.

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing?
I’m involved with ACDA, MENC, and SAI. I also sing in the Concert Choir and Chamber Singers. A huge chunk of my free time is devoted to practicing.

What are a few of your favorite things?
Knitting, Crocheting, and Baking and Cooking,
Play-doh, and Coloring, and Being Good Looking,
In Color Guard with the flags that I fling,
These are a few of my favorite things!
 
**************************************************************
Name: Heather Sitek
Year in School: Junior
Major: BA in Music
Minor: Studio Art

What character are you playing?
Sister Berthe

What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music?
Well it was one of my grandmother's favorite musicals and because she has passed on I thought it would be a nice thing to do for her. Also I love being on stage again.

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?
Being meaner or more aggressive? I tend to play comical roles and this is a nice change for me, it is a challenge.

What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
Favorite song by far is the Lonely Goatherd, just because the puppets are really funny and I wish that I could yodel.

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals?
My last Mansfield musical was My Favorite Year, which was pretty awesome. I've done a few shows at the Arcadia Theatre in Wellsboro such as Sunday in the Park with George (as the Mrs.) and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (as Rona Lisa Peretti). I've been performing for 15 years now and this will be my 11th year appearing in a musical. I've done a lot of musicals including Oklahoma (as Vivian), Annie Jr. (as Ms. Hannigan), Grease (as Marty), Seussical (as Sour Kangaroo), and my personal favorite Sweeney Todd (as the Beggar Woman). I've done numerous others and I do hope to continue participating in them, especially in Mansfield's musicals.

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing?
Singing or sketching. Playing video games :) I also enjoy just relaxing and listening to music. Most likely you'll see me in Upper Manser with my brotherhood Eta Beta Tau. We're nerds.

What are a few of your favorite things?
Singing and Sketching and Video Games,
Listening to Music and Painting the same,
Dancing all day, and the dreams that it brings,
These are a few of my favorite things!

**Stay tuned for more of Who's Who in the Sound of Music!**
Missed the first post about the Sound of Music? Read it Now!
Want to see more of Who's Who? Frau Schmidt and Franz, Mother Abbess, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment