Saturday, February 11, 2012

Who's Who in the Sound of Music: Mother Abbess


Name: Amanda Coughenour
Year in School: Freshman
Major(and minor): Music Education, Voice
What character are you playing? 
Mother Abbess


What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music? 
I love the talent every one has! I was in the nun choir my Freshman year in High School, and the difference between that small cast and this huge production is astounding.  The choir gives me chills every time. 

What have you had to work the hardest at with your part? 
The end of Climb Ev'ry Mountain.  I'm a low Mezzo, and even though those notes should be the top of my "comfy range," they still scare me.  At least they don't hurt anymore!

What is your favorite song or scene of the show? 
"How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria" has always been my favorite song, but I really like the scene where the Captain and Maria dance and fall in love. 

Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals? 
This is my first Mansfield musical! I've been in The Sound of Music, a Silly Girl in Beauty and the Beast, The Baker's Wife in Into the Woods, and Peggy in Godspell in High School.  I'm also a member of the Bedford County Players, being in 3 musical revues and Nuncrackers (The Christmas show of Nunsense).  This is my third time playing a nun!

When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing? 
Homework! I also practice (though probably not as much as I should). I'm a member of ACDA, MENC, and I'm an SAI Member-In-Training.  Oh, I'm kind of addicted to Tumblr, too.

What are a few of your favorite things?
Star Wars and Books, and I love Doctor Who,
John and Hank Green whom I watch on Youtube,
Super fun snow days that the winter brings,
These are a few of my favorite things!

**Stay tuned for more of Who's Who in the Sound of Music!**
Missed the first post about the Sound of Music? Read it Now!
Want to see more of Who's Who? Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment