Friday, February 10, 2012

Who's Who in the Sound of Music: Maria

Right now my life is all about the Sound of Music! So why shouldn't my blog be? I want to start a series called "Who's Who in the S.o.M." and each post will feature a different character, or person involved. It will include some information about them and their experience with the show! The first featured character is Maria, my character! Didn't see the original post about the show? Click here!



Name: Danielle Montgomery

Year in School: Senior

Major(and minor): Music Education and Vocal Performance

What character are you playing? 
Maria Rainer


What is your favorite part about being in the Sound of Music? 
It is really hard to pick one favorite part, but so far I have really enjoyed working with the children. They bring this amazing energy to the stage; being a college student you can't always find it after a full day of classes.


What have you had to work the hardest at with your part?
Aside from a lot of memorizing lines and songs, it has been hard for me to try to "live up" to the classic movie everyone has playing in their heads. My plan is to make this part my own, and bring something special to it that will help the audience accept her as a new character. 


What is your favorite song or scene of the show?
I am really partial to emotional scenes, so I would have to say my favorite is when Maria loses it and yells at the Captain. There is something so irresistible about a stage full of tension!



Have you been in any other Mansfield Musicals?
Yes I have. Since freshman year I have been participating in the musicals, including: Into the Woods, as Cinderella; My Favorite Year, Chorus; The Drowsy Chaperone, as Kitty; and now The Sound of Music, as Maria! I have also been involved with musicals at Arcadia Theatre in Wellsboro, PA.


When you aren't at musical rehearsal what could we find you doing?
Well as most of you know, Blogging. Other than that, practicing and studying. I also am a member of ACDA, MENC, MTO and SAI, and spend some of my time doing things with those organizations. I try to spend most of my 'free time' with friends.


What are a few of your favorite things?
Strawberries, Scrapbooking, Blogging and  Truffles;
Candles and Sharpies and Dresses with Ruffles;
Sunshine that warms up a cold day in spring, 
These are a few of my favorite things!

**Stay tuned for more of Who's Who in the Sound of Music!**

No comments:

Post a Comment