Saturday, May 26, 2012

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"

Hello All!

I guess it's getting kind of late to be posting tonight, but I didn't want to put it off until tomorrow. I wanted to give a little update on how I am doing diet wise, and go into more detail about my system of organizing the information!

Today was Day 5 of the diet, and my mom and I agreed to do the first weigh-in this morning! I felt slightly nervous last night knowing that this morning was coming. I was plagued with the questions: What if I didn't lose anything? What if I gained weight? What if all of this was for nothing so far? Eventually I sucked it up and hopped on the scale. My new weight: 182.6lbs! In only 4 whole days of dieting I lost 4.6lbs! My mom managed to lose about 6lbs already! I was so happy with our results, and thought more about the long way I have to go. I feel more encouraged and inspired to keep trying, especially with the fast results cycle 1 gives you!

The diet itself is going really well. I am still struggling with the waters on occasion but am starting to do better, and the days I don't quite make it I am much closer!

Along with the diet I mentioned I am exercising, doing the Couch to 5k program, and other types of exercises. Today I did my second C25K run. It was invigorating! I went at around 9:30 PM, and I really liked it! I like nighttime running much better than mid-day. Next on the list is early morning. I think I might eventually like that one the most, but I need to get over this disease called sleeping in.


My recent successes and accomplishments that I have had with jogging has made me want to know more about it. How it helps, and when to do it. Most articles came to a consensus that it's not really a matter of WHEN, it's just a matter of DOING it. There are great health benefits to jogging as well, read about them in this article: 12 Top Health Benefits of Jogging.

Want to know more on the time of day debate?? Check out what these people have to add:
morning vs. evening jogging
Early morning exercise outside

I am really excited to try the early morning jogging thing, but I am not sure how I will do at being alert. Here are some tips for Beginning Morning Joggers!

Whenever I diet, keeping track of all of the information can be intimidating. In the past I have tried recording all the things I eat in a journal, making checklists and checking things off each day, blogging daily about things, and several more. When push comes to shove I usually can't keep up with such a detailed log, so this time I simplified it! Take a look:
In case you are having trouble deciphering.... the purple numbers on the days are the days of cycle 1, this way I can't lose track of where I am, or skip a day.
The stars each stand for a different color!
Red: Weigh-in Day
Blue: I drank all my water (8 cups)
Green: I didn't cheat at all today
Gold: I exercised today
Silver: TBD

As you can see; the first day I weighed in and did not cheat, but I didn't exercise that day, or manage to drink all my water.
I am most proud of today because: I managed a weigh-in, didn't cheat, drank ALL my water and some, and did my jogging!

Call me silly but I like giving myself stars at the end of a long day. It makes me feel accomplished, and it's easy to see a visual representation of how well I did on any given day! This way I can feel proud of my actions, or have the shame stare me straight in the face! (notice day 4 was not so hot).

How do you record your diet info? Comment below or on Facebook if you have a neat method to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment