Sunday, July 24, 2011

3 countries, 2 weeks, and 820 pictures later...

The 2 weeks I spent in Europe was life changing. Our choir performed and competed fabulously. We took home 2 silvers for mixed and youth choir, and a gold for women's choir. Our women's choir even was able to compete in the final competition for Choir of the World. Some audience members even approached me after saying that our choir was the best and should have won "Choir of the World." St. Paul's Cathedral, Holy Trinity (The burial place of Shakespeare), and St. Patrick's were among many of our performance venues- we were well received in all three countries. In Wales our first hotel went bankrupt overnight and we got kicked out!!- the festival kindly found us other accommodations. I had the time of my life. My favorite sight seeing thing we did was the Gap of Dunloe- I don't think there is a more beautiful place on earth. If you want to hear more details or stories- call or email me. Thank you again to all of those who helped fund my trip- it was well worth the preparation and cost we paid, I cannot even begin to express my gratitude for all the support I received!

These pictures are only a small fraction of all the ones I took- but highlight the trip nicely. Enjoy!

England: 
















Wales:









Ireland: 






















Mansfield, PA:


I have so many more wonderful pictures- but these will have to do for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment